yet another cross country flight in search for what? a job? a home? a life? I travel with books, music players, laptops, movies... any effort to make the time pass, but in the rest of life aren't we always wishing we had more time? How can we constantly crave more time, time to do what?, yet when there is time to kill, time when it is perfectly acceptable to stop and think or doodle or daydream, these are the times we wish that their was some way to speed through. Instead of half a dozen methods to alleviate boredom, arms full, bags weighted, with tools for keeping the mind occupied, I should be traveling with my ticket, ID, and a lip gloss and if others joined me in this radical method of travel maybe just maybe there would be the possibility of meeting a new friend. What if we unplug the headphones from our overly stimulated ears, put down the books, turn off the computers, what if we smile at the person sharing our armrest, what if we all decided that having a conversation with a perfect stranger isn't such a scary idea after all?
P.S. This was something I wrote on a cross country trip while deliriously tired, but even though it rambles and doesn't make complete sense, I still think that there is some truth in it.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment